Happy Fall! With the temperatures dropping, here is a great recipe for breakfast that is delicious and will help you keep on track, let me know what you think!
- ½ cup fat-free milk (can use coconut or almond milk, too)
- ½ cup quick-cooking steel cut oats (try Coach’s Oats from Costco!)
- 4 tablespoons (47g) 100% pumpkin puree
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds (for garnish)
- Mix together the milk, oats, pumpkin puree and cinnamon in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Place the dish in the microwave and cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Stir well, and return to microwave for another 3-4 minutes or until oats are cooked through and creamy.
- Stir in the protein powder and top with chopped nuts.