Gyms are still closed and record-breaking temps here in Arizona make for a combo that could kill your cardio routine if you don’t think outside of the box. I’ve got some of my favorite ways to squeeze in some cardio and make it fun! Let me know what you’ve been doing to stay active!
- Biking – getting a mountain bike was one of the best purchases I’ve ever made! Not only am I able to get a great workout in, I also get to enjoy all of the beautiful scenery while I ride. During the summer, early morning rides are best and make sure to bring plenty of water. Oh! Avoid the rattlesnakes 🙂
- Hiking – getting out onto the trails in the early morning is a great way to get your steps in and to get some fresh air. Make sure to stay hydrated and bring lots of water. Night hikes are also a great option if you have a headlamp.
- Sprints – need some quick and dirty cardio? Sprints are for you then! You’ll get a great workout in and quick. Just like hiking and biking, I would recommend doing these in the early morning or even once the sun has gone down.
- Jump Rope – if you’re like me, it’s probably been a while since you jumped rope! This is a great way to get your heart rate up and it can be done inside (make sure you have enough room) if needed.
- Plyo Circuits – I saved the best for last. Plyo circuits are a great way to get your heart pumping and can be done inside, outside and without any equipment. Make sure to check out my YouTube channel to see some of my favorite plyo circuits.