Looking for a delicious and healthy dessert for the holiday weekend!? I’ve got the perfect recipe for you – my summer berry crumble! It’s like a warm berry pie without the extra calories. Try it out and let me know what you think!
Summer Berry Crumble
6 cups berries (try ones that are in-season in the summer like blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and cherries)
Optional: fresh lemon zest from 1 lemon
1 cup rolled oats
3 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter
1/2 cup Swerve sugar or Stevia equivalent
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
Optional: low cal ice cream to top
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Butter a 9 inch Pyrex pie plate.
2. Place the washed and dried berries in the pie plate.
3. Prepare the crumble topping: combine the oats, sugar, salt and cinnamon using hands to work in the cold butter until it is well mixed. Sprinkle evenly over the berries.
4. Place the pie plate in the oven and bake until bubbly and the topping is golden brown – typically about 45 mins.
5. Serve in dessert bowls and top with a little bit of low-fat cool whip, ice cream or vanilla greek yogurt!