If you are like most of us, we are limiting outings or even staying home entirely, then this post is for you. For now, most gyms have remained open so I figured I would share my top tips to keeping fit both inside and out of the gym during this time.
Please keep in mind, this may change if gyms are totally closed down at some point, please make sure to follow CDC guidelines. Check out my YouTube channel where I have lots of at-home workout videos you can do in the comfort of your home with little to no equipment.
If gyms are open:
- Avoid group classes in small settings or with shared equipment.
- Always wipe down all equipment BEFORE and AFTER use with sanitizing wipes (bring your own if your gym facility does not provide).
- Hit the gym during low traffic times.
- Avoid touching your face and wash hands as soon as you are leaving.
- And of course, if you feel even the slightest bit of a cold or illness, simply stay home and rest – it’s the best choice for all.
Staying out of the gym? No problem! Here are my top tips:
- Focus on your diet – this is a great time to take a step back and prepare fresh, healthy homemade meals. Make sure to include lots of leafy greens, fruits and veggies to help boost your immune system.
- Get outside and hike, walk or ride your bike.
- At-home workouts are another great option – check out this full-body circuit which requires no equipment.
- Want to use this time to step up your fitness game? Sign up for virtual training with me and I’ll help get you a customized plan that you can start out in the comfort of your home and then transition to the gym.
Wishing everyone good luck during this time, let’s all do our part to make smart decisions to stay safe and healthy!