Who’s ready for some FOOTBALL tomorrow?!
For many of us, tomorrow will be about football, friends, family and FOOD!
Here are some of my tips to help you stay on track while having fun:
- Switch your rest days – if you take a day off from the gym on the weekends, plan to workout both days to make sure you stay on track.
- Hit the gym early before the game/party.
- To help offset any extra calories, add in some extra cardio and/or increase weight/sets.
- Avoid salty foods or added salt.
- Load up on cut veggies. Can add low fat/calorie dressings for dips (sparingly).
- Grill meat kabobs or shrimp (if you eat shellfish) are a great option for low calorie protein rich game day meals/snacks.
- Drink flavored or sparkling water to make keeping hydrated easier.
- If you choose to have a drink make it a straight alcohol shot OR red wine followed by a lot of water. Avoid mixed drinks that are usually high in sugar.
- Drinking 3/4-gallon of water will keep you feeling full.
What are your plans for the big day? If you have any healthy, yummy recipes, let me know below!